This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Personal Electric Transport Ltd uses your data.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
When orders are placed with us, we need to ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, phone number and credit and debit card details. A contact telephone number or email address allows us to contact you should there be a problem with your order. All this information is required to process your request or notify you of acceptance of your order.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our websites, apps or in store. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees and so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone and through our contact centres about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on. Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- Send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To display the most interesting content to you on our websites or apps, we’ll use data we hold about your favourite brands or products and so on. We do so on the basis of your consent to receive app notifications and/or for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Personalelectrictransport.co.uk maintains the highest levels of security. We take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
- Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions.
- You can tell whether a page is secure as ‘https’ will replace the ‘http’ at the front of the personalelectrictransport.co.uk in your browser address window. A small locked padlock will also appear in the bottom bar of your browser window.
- Using an unsecured network in a public place can be risky as unauthorised people may try to intercept anything you’re doing online
- Only connect to secure wireless networks that you trust
- Our checkout process uses Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™. and American Express SafeKey SM. These services enhance your existing card account against unauthorised use when you shop with us.
- To use these services, you must first register with the bank or other organisation that issued your card.
We do appreciate that remembering passwords can be tricky, but setting effective and secure passwords on all the sites you use is vital in combating possible fraudulent activity using your personal details.
- Avoid using the same password for each of your online accounts so that they can’t all be fraudulently accessed at once. Multiple passwords keep you safer
- Use a mix of numbers and characters, and something that’s very personal to you
- Most sites set a minimum number of characters to use, but avoid using obvious phrases like “password”, or your name, or phone number
- Try to mix upper and lower case letters and numbers in your password
What is a Cookie?
To shop at personalelectrictransport.co.uk you need to have all cookies enabled, though you can still use the website for browsing and research purposes without them.
We also use banner advertising on other websites to present you with products we think may be of interest to you, based on your browsing history.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us, will be pleased to help you:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Or write to us at Personal Electric Transport Ltd. 55 Edward Road E17 6PB London United Kingdom